Own-it - Intellectual Property Advice for the Creative Sector
Last updated on 22nd December 2014
What best describes your problem?
- I want to know how to copyright my work
- I've invented something. I want to know how to protect it
- I want to know how to protect my company or brand name
- I want to know how to protect my work online
- I want to make sure I'm credited if someone else uses my work
- I want to protect my ideas when meeting prospective clients
- Who owns the IP – the freelancer or the client?
- Who owns the IP – the employer or employee?
- What does the ® symbol mean?
- I will exhibit my designs at a trade show. Can I stop people from photographing my work?
Click on an item in the list to view.
Own-it can answer your IP questions through
IP advice or you can find answers to common
queries in our knowledge bank. Select your query on the right
to access FAQs, factsheets, articles, podcasts and videos
that contain everything you need to know
about IP and the creative industries.
Dear Own-it members, We wish you all enjoyable and relaxing holidays. We will respond to your queries during the holidays if they are very urgent. Please note that the office is closed from Thursday... read more
Published: 17.12.14 at 12:32
Own-it is looking for a LPC student or recent graduate with a special interest in intellectual property to assist with the management of case files and general administration. This is a 6-month paid work... read more
Published: 12.12.14 at 13:00
The Ministry of Copyright Cultural and Creators' Assets (also known as MOCA) is a highly specialised consultancy agency that offers more than 25 years expertise and media industry advice on a range of... read more
Published: 03.10.14 at 12:45