The mobile goldmine
Published 17.10.07 at 19:30
Mobile content will be worth in excess of £5.46 billion globally by 2011, according to analyst house Screen Digest, which is why Own-it and Create KX joined forces to bring you 'The Mobile Goldmine' podcast. It examines how you can distribute your content via mobile phone, protect your copyright, and reap the rewards.
It looks at:
- The opportunities that mobile media bring, and the risks they potentially pose
- The impact of the arrival of mobile media on traditional media companies
- How the convergence of broadband and mobile is creating new threats of copyright infringements through mobile piracy
- The content that will provide tomorrow's revenue streams – and how people will pay for it
- Whether mobile media content will develop as a genre made for mobile
- Whether the rise of Direct-2-Consumer will offer a new revenue streams for producers
Speakers included Richard Morris, of mobile media company Player X, Mark Brill of The Ping Corporation and Ben Grass of mobile content specialist Green Grass Films.
This podcast is downloadable in two parts.
Please note that these podcasts discuss the legal position in the UK at the time of publication. They provide general information only and are not to be regarded as legal advice. You must take advice from a specialist lawyer in relation to your specific circumstances. Further, you should seek additional legal advice when dealing with parties based in other parts of the world or works originating from other parts of the world as the legal position may vary.
QR Code generated on Kaywa