IP issues for creative start-ups and spin-out companies
Published 07.06.12 at 13:24
The Handbook of European Intellectual Property Management by Adam Jolly, provides a fresh examination of the issues facing businesses across Europe that are looking to maximise and protect the value of their innovations, knowledge and brands, and shows how enterprises can put IP at the heart of their business and manage it as an asset.
The attached article contains a chapter from the Handbook, written by Silvia Baumgart of Own-it
This chapter covers the following:
- the importance of considering your and other people's contributions before starting a business;
- incorporation and IP as an asset of your company;
- the best way to protect your company name;
- identifying and managing your IP; and
- developing IP policies and procedures.
High demand meant that the initial print sold out but the book is now back on sale and is available to purchase here.
Photograph (some rights reserved) by Giampaolo Squarcina