You are here
Own-it - IP traning for the creative business community
Own-it has a wealth of experience in delivering relevant and practical training sessions on intellectual property for the creative business community.
We are working at the heart of one of the most prestigious art and design universities in the UK. We teach IP in line with artistic and creative practice – without unnecessary legal jargon and tailored to the needs of the creative community we serve.
We recognise that IP is part of your overall business and creative strategy. We therefore don’t teach IP without your business and creative objectives in mind.
Our training can help you
- to develop a smart IP strategy and policy that saves money and grows your business
- to avoid law suits that may lead to huge expenses in the future
- to avoid unnecessary costs when you start up your business
- to address IP issues when working with partners, employees, suppliers
- to understand licensing and commissioning contracts
- to find the relevant support at the right time
Our trainers are experienced IP experts and educators, creative practitioners and business advisers, who know the creative industries and how creative people and businesses work.
We can arrange various levels of training:
- a one-off general introduction into IP rights such as copyright, design, trade marks, patents relevant to all creative sectors (usually 1 to 1.5 hours)
- A one-off tailored introduction into IP rights for a specific sector such as documentary film making (usually 1 to 1.5 hours)
- A tailored general workshop for a small group of participants addressing key aspects of IP strategic planning (usually 2.5 to 3 hours)
- A tailored workshop for a small group of participants from a specific creative intodustry sector (usually 2.5 to 3 hours)
- A short course (3-4 2-hour sessions) about IP strategy and management, incl. IP exchange, licensing, open innovation etc.
Please note, we can design any level, length and format of training and will tailor the workshop or course to meet the needs of your target audience.
Our partners and clients
We work with universities, creative networks and businesses, trade organisations, business support organisations and funding bodies. Previous clients include the European Patent Office, WIPO, IdeasTap, Ambition, Shape Arts, the Design Trust and many others.
Own-it’s session on ‘Intellectual Property for Creatives’ was incredibly popular with our membership and sold out in a flash. The feedback from attendees was glowing and we are already scheduling in our next Own-it event. (Will Davies, Director of Programming, IdeasTap)
The free IP information we received from Own-It was absolutely invaluable and couldn't have come at a better time. A usually grey area for startups and young entrepreneurs that Own-It have helped us understand! (Ruby Heera, Producer, Video-Box Ltd)
The facilitator fielded questions and comments well throughout, making the session as much guided by the users as the facilitator (Shape Arts delegate)
- source IP experts for your seminar or conference
- produce IP learning material such as fact sheets, short films, presentations
- help you plan your conference on current IP issues/policies (or do it for you)
Own-it Programme Manager
Direct line: +44 (0)20 7514 8500