Change Play Business – Where to next? The turnaround game
When: 29.11.10 at 18:30
Where: ICA, The Mall, London, SW1Y 5AH
view map & directions
Business in the 21st century is on the move. Digital technology, radical change in consumer behaviour, the failure of traditional business models, limited access to finance, fierce competition for talent, and not least the need for sustainability are challenging the skills and imagination of today's entrepreneurs, business managers and their advisers.
Change Play Business is a new design-led workshop using techniques of play together with serious business strategic thinking to transform both existing and emerging businesses. Random connections, fun, trial and error, imagination and action are combined with business acumen, economical and social awareness to set ambitious targets and identify new revenue streams. Working in eclectic teams and "buying" the know-how of our experts such as lawyers, brand and business consultants, social media experts and innovation leaders, you will be transforming new ideas into feasible action plans.
At the end of the day, you will have:
- made one step forward in the mastery of designing new companies
- identified four to six innovative business concepts utilising synergies between participants
- improved your knowledge of IP exploitation and valuation, techniques of business planning and market research
- explored new opportunities through social media, crowd sourcing and funding and digital distribution
- explored innovative partnership models that will boost your business success
Warning: This programme will address challenges of new business thinking including innovation and exploitation of IP. This may affect your ability to question and approach your market, your management processes and business strategies. We do not recommend this game to businesses and people that have an allergy to change, to collaboration or to co-creation models.
Join the debate here.
The event takes place over two days:
Monday, 29 November, 6.30 - 9pm: Melting the ice, sensing the world and seeing the future, enter ICA through 12 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AH
7-7.45pm Challenges in the 21st century: social, economic and environmental trends that may affect your business. Presentation by Martin Raymond, The Future Laboratory
Followed by drinks reception until 9pm.
Tuesday, 30 November 2010, 8.30 - 5pm, ICA, The Mall entrance, London SW1Y 5AH: Change Play Business - The turnaround game
Includes master classes in
- Grow your business: effective sales and marketing techniques
- Financial Management
- Transmedia - new ways of entertainment/multiple platforms storytelling
- Market dynamics and customer services in a changing economy: how do you identify your customer and communicate effectively?
- Intellectual property rights: sharing or protecting IP? New ways of exploitation
For the full programme, click here.
Lucky Player £50 (SOLD OUT!!)
Individual Player £160
Team of four £400
BOOKING NOW LIVE: Email email@example.com to ensure your place.
Who are we?
Own-it and The Thinking Hotel® have teamed up to co-design this new learning format for knowledge sharing, innovation and business development to help creative entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations to create sustainable and high-growth enterprises. The programme is organised in partnership with the Centre for Competitive Creative Design, an interdisciplinary partnership between LCC (London College of Communication) and Cranfield University and supported by Finers Stephens Innocent, iCrossing and Business Link
Photo credit: Monika Hestad