Own-it - Intellectual Property Advice for the Creative Sector
Last updated on 8th March 2014
What best describes your problem?
- I want to know how to copyright my work
- I've invented something. I want to know how to protect it
- I want to know how to protect my company or brand name
- I want to know how to protect my work online
- I want to make sure I'm credited if someone else uses my work
- I want to protect my ideas when meeting prospective clients
- Who owns the IP – the freelancer or the client?
- Who owns the IP – the employer or employee?
- What does the ® symbol mean?
- I will exhibit my designs at a trade show. Can I stop people from photographing my work?
Click on an item in the list to view.
Own-it can answer your IP questions through
IP advice or you can find answers to common
queries in our knowledge bank. Select your query on the right
to access FAQs, factsheets, articles, podcasts and videos
that contain everything you need to know
about IP and the creative industries.
Frances Davey, who is studying for an LLM (Masters in Laws) at Queen Mary University London would really appreciate your help with his research project, which explores our attitudes to copying, sharing... read more
Published: 12.02.14 at 15:30
A number of questions have been referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) concerning hyperlinks and whether posting a link infringes the copyright in the linked to content. Surely not... read more
Published: 10.02.14 at 16:53
A couple of recent disputes emphasise just how important it is for band members to enter into an agreement regarding the use of the band's name following the departure of one or more of its members... read more
Published: 13.01.14 at 17:16