Own-it - Intellectual Property Advice for the Creative Sector
Last updated on 16th April 2014
What best describes your problem?
- I want to know how to copyright my work
- I've invented something. I want to know how to protect it
- I want to know how to protect my company or brand name
- I want to know how to protect my work online
- I want to make sure I'm credited if someone else uses my work
- I want to protect my ideas when meeting prospective clients
- Who owns the IP – the freelancer or the client?
- Who owns the IP – the employer or employee?
- What does the ® symbol mean?
- I will exhibit my designs at a trade show. Can I stop people from photographing my work?
Click on an item in the list to view.
Own-it can answer your IP questions through
IP advice or you can find answers to common
queries in our knowledge bank. Select your query on the right
to access FAQs, factsheets, articles, podcasts and videos
that contain everything you need to know
about IP and the creative industries.
As reported in the likes of TechCrunch and The Verge, Getty has made a selection of its images free to use, subject to certain restrictions of course! Notably, the images may only be used within the... read more
Published: 16.04.14 at 13:06
The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has recently handed down its judgment in the case of Svensson. This case concerned hyperlinks/framing techniques and whether the provision of a clickable... read more
Published: 26.03.14 at 17:30
A recent case highlights just how important it is for publishers, journalists/blog authors etc. relying on a defence to defamation, to consider whether further developments impact on the adequacy of any... read more
Published: 26.03.14 at 15:16