Own-it - Intellectual Property Know-How for the Creative Sector
Last updated on 4th May 2016
What best describes your problem?
- I want to know how to copyright my work
- I've invented something. I want to know how to protect it
- I want to know how to protect my company or brand name
- I want to know how to protect my work online
- I want to make sure I'm credited if someone else uses my work
- I want to protect my ideas when meeting prospective clients
- Who owns the IP – the freelancer or the client?
- Who owns the IP – the employer or employee?
- What does the ® symbol mean?
- I will exhibit my designs at a trade show. Can I stop people from photographing my work?
Click on an item in the list to view.
Own-it can answer your IP questions.
Ask us or you can find answers to common
queries in our knowledge bank. Select your query on the right
to access FAQs, factsheets, articles, podcasts and videos
that contain everything you need to know
about IP and the creative industries.
Not long ago we have been bombarded with articles in the news regarding the "Blurred Lines" verdict. But is the decision as fundamental and critical for the creative world as it has been presented... read more
Published: 04.06.15 at 15:48
A new change in copyright law has been enforced in the United Kingdom through the implementation of the EU Copyright Directive, introducing exceptions within the realm of parody, caricature, and pastiche... read more
Published: 18.03.15 at 10:11
The UK Unregistered Design Right also known as "design right" has been available since the passing of the Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988 and is automatic, i.e. it comes into existence the... read more
Published: 13.03.15 at 12:25