Own-it - Intellectual Property Advice for the Creative Sector
Last updated on 7th December 2013
What best describes your problem?
- I want to know how to copyright my work
- I've invented something. I want to know how to protect it
- I want to know how to protect my company or brand name
- I want to know how to protect my work online
- I want to make sure I'm credited if someone else uses my work
- I want to protect my ideas when meeting prospective clients
- Who owns the IP – the freelancer or the client?
- Who owns the IP – the employer or employee?
- What does the ® symbol mean?
- I will exhibit my designs at a trade show. Can I stop people from photographing my work?
Click on an item in the list to view.
Own-it can answer your IP questions through
IP advice or you can find answers to common
queries in our knowledge bank. Select your query on the right
to access FAQs, factsheets, articles, podcasts and videos
that contain everything you need to know
about IP and the creative industries.
Neither the Vietnamese chain restaurant Pho, nor their lawyers, could have predicted the worldwide pandemonium that one sternly worded letter to Mo Pho, an independent Vietnamese restaurant has caused... read more
Published: 05.12.13 at 10:17
The makers of Scrabble, Mattel Inc and J.W. Spear & Son Limited, have lost another chapter in their case against Zynga Inc. to prevent the online gaming company from infringing their registered trade... read more
Published: 18.11.13 at 11:35
The Court of Appeal has found for Nestlé in its appeal against Cadbury's application to register a shade of the colour purple as a trade mark. With the end of the litigation (pending any further... read more
Published: 11.11.13 at 17:42